FreewayTalk

4 replies to this thread. Most Recent

g dematteis

8 Apr 2019, 3:48 pm

imbedding video for you tube into your site

Hi,

I’ve been told my site is very slow. I’m not “programmer” so please excuse me if my question is simplisti

I’ve also been told by uploading the videos to youtube it would help speed up my site

I’ve created a youtube account and have uploaded one of the videos where do you find the imbedded code and how do you add it to your Freeway file

Thank you

Paul

8 Apr 2019, 7:52 pm

There’s an Action for that! Here are some Softpress KB instructions, which contains a link to the YouTube Action,. https://www.softpress.com/kb/questions/262/Using+YouTube+and+Vimeo+movies+in+Freeway

Hope this helps.

All the best,

Paul

My Actions Site: http://www.actionsworld.com

Actions for Galleries, decorating that text box and many more!

g dematteis

11 Apr 2019, 3:00 am

…I’m still working to get this work for me — but thank you for taking the time provide great insight.

On Apr 8, 2019, at 3:52 PM, Paul <[email protected]> wrote:

There’s an Action for that! Here are some Softpress KB instructions, which contains a link to the YouTube Action,. https://www.softpress.com/kb/questions/262/Using+YouTube+and+Vimeo+movies+in+Freeway

Hope this helps.

g dematteis

11 Apr 2019, 5:22 am

HI,

I wanted to thank you, again, for taking the time to respond.

I was able to download the you tube action.

When I previewed it I got an error - it said try later.

Can I ask you another question — I’ve been a user of freeway for five or six years.

It has served me well.

Of late I’m unable to upload files have you had any issues uploading?

Best,

Gabe De Matteos

On Apr 10, 2019, at 11:00 PM, Gabe De Matteis <[email protected]> wrote:

…I’m still working to get this work for me — but thank you for taking the time provide great insight.

On Apr 8, 2019, at 3:52 PM, Paul <[email protected]> wrote:

There’s an Action for that! Here are some Softpress KB instructions, which contains a link to the YouTube Action,. https://www.softpress.com/kb/questions/262/Using+YouTube+and+Vimeo+movies+in+Freeway

Hope this helps.

Back to Top

Paul

11 Apr 2019, 1:20 pm

Not sure about the error message you have been getting from the YouTube Action - what did you do to to trigger that error message?

I’ve been ok with uploading. It’s probably a good idea to start a new thread on this subject, just for organisational purposes.

I’ve been OK with FTP here with FW7 and Mojave, so no problems for me. If you start a new thread with more information about your problem, error messages, etc., then others may chip in.

On 11 Apr 2019, 5:22 am, g dematteis wrote:

HI,

I wanted to thank you, again, for taking the time to respond.

I was able to download the you tube action.

When I previewed it I got an error - it said try later.

Can I ask you another question — I’ve been a user of freeway for five or six years.

It has served me well.

Of late I’m unable to upload files have you had any issues uploading?

Best,

Gabe De Matteos

On Apr 10, 2019, at 11:00 PM, Gabe De Matteis

All the best,

Paul

My Actions Site: http://www.actionsworld.com

Actions for Galleries, decorating that text box and many more!