FreewayTalk

14 replies to this thread. Most Recent

Jon H

21 Nov 2019, 3:04 pm

[Pro] Freeway doesn't open in Mojave

So I installed Mojave on my machine, as the authorities on this forum said both Freeway and Xway would run fine on it. However, when I try to open Freeway (latest version) this message pops up:

“Freeway Pro cannot be opened because of a problem. Check with the developer to make sure Freeway Pro works with this version of macOS.”

A little bit of a bummer, I must say.

But Xway runs fine.

I appreciate any suggestions what to do.

FWPro7

waltd

21 Nov 2019, 3:54 pm

Are you running the very latest version of Freeway? (7.1.4, IIRC.) I am running 7.1.3 here on Mojave, with no issues.

Walter

On Nov 21, 2019, at 10:04 AM, Jon H <[email protected]> wrote:

So I installed Mojave on my machine, as the authorities on this forum said both Freeway and Xway would run fine on it. However, when I try to open Freeway (latest version) this message pops up:

“Freeway Pro cannot be opened because of a problem. Check with the developer to make sure Freeway Pro works with this version of macOS.”

A little bit of a bummer, I must say.

But Xway runs fine.

I appreciate any suggestions what to do.

Freeway user since 1997

http://www.walterdavisstudio.com

Jon H

21 Nov 2019, 4:02 pm

Walter, it is 7.1.4. The llRC I don’t know about.

Should I as a starter uninstall Freeway and download again?

Oh, and thanks for responding.

FWPro7

waltd

21 Nov 2019, 4:10 pm

IIRC means “If I Recall Correctly”. It was an editorial comment on the stability of my long-term memory, nothing more.

I would try uninstalling and re-installing. You should not need to re-serialize the app if all you do is drag it to the trash and download again. But do be sure you have your serial number handy, nonetheless.

Walter

On Nov 21, 2019, at 11:02 AM, Jon H <[email protected]> wrote:

Walter, it is 7.1.4. The llRC I don’t know about.

Should I as a starter uninstall Freeway and download again?

Oh, and thanks for responding.

Freeway user since 1997

http://www.walterdavisstudio.com

Jon H

21 Nov 2019, 4:16 pm

I’ll uninstall completely and see what happens.

Out of curiosity, back in the day, why did you not upgrade to 7.1.4?

FWPro7

Jon H

21 Nov 2019, 4:29 pm

Just uninstalled and installed again from Softpress. Same thing.

This is the start of the error report:

Process: Freeway Pro [5839] Path: /Volumes/VOLUME/*/Freeway Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Freeway Pro Identifier: com.softpress.FreewayPro Version: 7.1.4 (7.1.4) Code Type: X86 (Native) Parent Process: ??? [1] Responsible: Freeway Pro [5839] User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2019-11-21 17:23:30.387 +0100 OS Version: Mac OS X 10.14.6 (18G103) Report Version: 12 Anonymous UUID: 5258C7DB-EEBC-86E8-1BA0-FA2068CE3B1D

Time Awake Since Boot: 6000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: disabled

Notes: Translocated Process

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT) Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000 Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: DYLD, [0x2] Wrong architecture

Application Specific Information: dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message: Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SkyLight.framework/Versions/A/SkyLight Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics Reason: no suitable image found. Did find: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SkyLight.framework/Versions/A/SkyLight: mach-o, but wrong architecture /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SkyLight.framework/Versions/A/SkyLight: stat() failed with errno=45 /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SkyLight.framework/Versions/A/SkyLight: mach-o, but wrong architecture

FWPro7

Jon H

22 Nov 2019, 9:15 am

I have reinstalled Freeway, rebooted the imac, deleted the Freeway plist file.

And I’m stuck.

Any more suggestions from somebody? If not I suppose downgrading to El Capitan (I upgraded to Mojave with a workaround) via Time Machine is my only option and wait for Xway until I get a newer machine.

FWPro7

waltd

22 Nov 2019, 1:42 pm

It’s not likely that this is related to Freeway at all. The problem is most likely in your system installation. This framework is being called (indirectly) by Freeway, but it’s not a part of Freeway — it’s a core part of MacOS. The fact that it’s not working here means it’s probably going to be tripped up by another app that does graphic manipulation too.

Walter

On Nov 21, 2019, at 11:29 AM, Jon H <[email protected]> wrote:

Dyld Error Message: Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SkyLight.framework/Versions/A/SkyLight Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics Reason: no suitable image found. Did find: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SkyLight.framework/Versions/A/SkyLight: mach-o, but wrong architecture /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SkyLight.framework/Versions/A/SkyLight: stat() failed with errno=45 /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SkyLight.framework/Versions/A/SkyLight: mach-o, but wrong architecture

Freeway user since 1997

http://www.walterdavisstudio.com

Jon H

22 Nov 2019, 7:11 pm

Thank you.

Back to El Capitan, then.

FWPro7

Jim Feeney

22 Nov 2019, 10:11 pm

For what it’s worth. Freeway 7.1.4 works fine on my Mac using Mojave. Zero issues so far.

Oregon, USA | 2017 iMac 21.5” | 3.6 GHz Intel Core i7 | 16 GB RAM | OS 10.14 | User since Fwy 3.5 | https://www.jimfeeney.org

g dematteis

22 Nov 2019, 10:12 pm

…does it work with CaTALINA

On Nov 22, 2019, at 5:11 PM, Jim Feeney <[email protected]> wrote:

For what it’s worth. Freeway 7.1.4 works fine on my Mac using Mojave. Zero issues so far.

Richard van Heukelum

23 Nov 2019, 9:08 am

There it is again (sigh) …

On 22 Nov 2019, 10:12 pm, g dematteis wrote:

…does it work with CaTALINA

… no it doesn’t.

Ontwerpzaam.nl | Papendrecht, The Netherlands

Hardware: 27” iMac i5 3.1GHz / 32GB RAM / 4TB SSHD / 1GB VRAM /

Software : macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra / Freeway7 (user since Freeway1)

Has moved on with CoffeeCup Software : Site Designer / Form Designer / Content Slider / Email Designer / Sonar / Website Insight and occasionally Blocs Web Design App. Use CraftCMS.

Replaced Adobe with Affinity Publisher, Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo.

Joe Muscara

23 Nov 2019, 12:20 pm

On 22 Nov 2019, 10:11 pm, Jim Feeney wrote:

For what it’s worth. Freeway 7.1.4 works fine on my Mac using Mojave. Zero issues so far.

Yes, I don’t think downgrading to a previous version of macOS will fix the problem necessarily.

I upgraded to Mojave with a workaround

What was the workaround? I suspect this might be causing the issue.

Jon H

23 Nov 2019, 2:20 pm

The thing is I have an old iMac (early 2008) which has worked great through all the years. Admittedly I’ve done some improvements, put in an SSD, more memory, new mike, etc.

When I found out there’s a possibility of installing Mojave on this old beast I gave it a try. And it worked fine. Until I wanted to open Freeway. Which didn’t happen, as you saw.

You can read about the workaround here: http://dosdude1.com/mojave/

I’ve got time machine backups, so I plan to erase mojave and reinstall El Capitan from that, looking after old Freeway sites. And then wait for the new generation of iMacs. With beautifully slender bezels. And Xway.

FWPro7

Back to Top

Joe Muscara

24 Nov 2019, 1:56 pm

I considered using one of his workarounds when I had a 2009 MBP as my primary Mac but never got around to it. It’s possible it doesn’t install everything, but I don’t have that impression. I don’t know why you’re having that issue.

Good luck with the restore.